SENIOR HOME CARE SERVING ALAMEDA AND CONTRA COSTA COUNTIES
24/7 CARE, HOURLY CARE AND TEMPORARY CARE
Hourly Senior Care
When is Part Time Care Appropriate?
Many of our customers only need a helping hand. They don’t require a live-in caregiver and they are not interested in moving out of their homes. Some of our customers also require assistance that’s difficult for family and friends to accommodate. For instance, they may require a caregiver that’s trained in mobility care to help with bed and wheelchair transfers.
The bottom line is that when a customer needs in-home elder care, they have unique needs and a unique schedule. At Aging in Place Home Care, we’ll work with you to figure out exactly what needs you have and then assign the best caregiver or team of caregivers. We provide in home care whenever you need it, where you need it – including early in the morning, late at night or ’round the clock.
Part-time home care can be a great solution for people in the following situations:
- People who need a regular ride to physical therapy or exercise classes.
- People who could benefit from companionship.
- Seniors who currently live in an assisted living facility who would like more attention and care beyond what the facility can provide.
- People suffering from memory loss who could benefit from cognitive therapy.
- Seniors who need help managing their daily routines.
- Disabled seniors and children with physical disabilities.
- Seniors who are recovering from surgery.
“Sometimes all you need is a helping hand to take care of daily tasks like shopping and meal prep. In these cases, we suggest a part-time caregiver who will work on your schedule and give you the help you need to stay at home.”
Part time home care can be an excellent supplement to help people who reside at an assisted care facility. Our one to one ratio caregivers provide a level of service that’s impossible for assisted living facilities to match.
Matching the Caregiver to the Client
At Aging in Place Home Care, we’ve learned that choosing the right caregiver makes a world of difference. During our intake process, we take the time to learn everything we can about our new client. For instance, we’ll ask questions such as:
- Do you usually enjoy playing cards, board games or watching movies together?
- Do you like to take frequent outings for a change of scenery?
- What types of meals do you enjoy? What food allergies and sensitivities do they have?
- What kind of music do you enjoy?
- Do you like walking and the outdoors?
- Are you interested in political discussions?
Helping You Enjoy the Pleasanton Area
As residents of Pleasanton and the Tri-Valley area, we know that we are lucky to live in an area with a great climate, beautiful surroundings, and plentiful activities. However, as we age, it becomes difficult to get out there and enjoy the things we’re used to.
A part-time caregiver can make the difference in allowing you to continue enjoying an active lifestyle.
For instance, our caregivers that help with transportation might spend a day with you at a Livermore winery. Sometimes, on a nice day, they may suggest spending the day at Shadow Cliffs lake or a sports event. On a special occasion, they might accompany you to a nice restaurant. Caregivers allow clients to go out and enjoy all that the region has to offer.
Why Use a Part Time Caregiver in Pleasanton?
- Stay in home where most comfortable and familiar.
- Less traumatic: no need to organize and eliminate long term belongings.
- Easier to maintain routines.
- Ability to customize meals.
- Varied routine: spend time with caregiver away from the home.
- One-on-One caregiver to client ratio.
- Opportunity to match the right caregiver to the right client.
Explore your Care Options